VVLC ATHLETE CODE OF CONDUCT
Athlete membership in the Vail Valley Lacrosse Club is a privilege, not a right. All VVLC Athletes must agree to conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner, and are responsible for their actions while attending or participating in all VVLC activities (including but not limited to practices, competitions, and tournaments).
Sportsmanlike conduct is defined as, but is not limited to: respect for competition officials, any and all recreation district employees, and the general public, respect for facilities, privileges and operating procedures, the use of courtesy and good manners, acting responsibly and maturely, refraining from the use of profane or abusive language, and complete abstinence from use of alcohol and use of illegal or banned drugs.
AS A VVLC ATHLETE, I WILL ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING STANDARDS OF CONDUCT:
1. As a VVLC Athlete, I shall be subject to the rules and regulations of the United States Lacrosse National Governing Body Bylaws, the United States Olympic Committee Bylaws, and the VVLC Bylaws.
2. As a VVLC Athlete, I shall conduct myself at all times and in all places as befits worthy representatives of the United States of America, the United States Olympic Committee, US Lacrosse, their region, division, state or club and in accordance with the best traditions of local, national and international competition.
3. As a VVLC Athlete, I am responsible for knowledge of and adherence to competition rules and procedures. I am also responsible for knowledge of and adherence to the rules and procedures of the US Lacrosse, Colorado Youth Lacrosse and VVLC sanctioned tournaments, events or other projects when participating in them.
4. As a VVLC Athlete, I shall maintain high standards of moral and ethical conduct, which includes self-control and responsible behavior, consideration for the physical and emotional well being of others, and courtesy and good manners at all times.
5. VVLC takes bullying very seriously and it will not be tolerated at any time engaged or associated with team events, but also interactions away from the team event environment (school, neighborhood, etc). As a VVLC athlete and a representative of VVLC, I will not engage in such behavior at any time and any place.
7. As a VVLC Athlete, I will use common sense with my choice of language an behavior. I will not use any profane or abusive language or disruptive behavior at any time, anywhere.
I understand that as a VVLC Athlete that I am subject to these rules and regulations as outlined in this code of conduct. I also know that failure to comply with any of the above rules may lead to investigation and disciplinary action by the appropriate VVLC coach, Athletic Director, Education Director or Executive Director.
Disciplinary action may include, but is not limited to:
- Immediate removal from the practice or competition environment.
- Suspension from training and/or competition as.
- Elimination of coaching, travel, and other benefits.
- Revocation of VVLC membership with no refund.
PLEASE MEMORIZE THIS PHRASE:
(Parents – this is a good refrigerator quote!)
“I am an athlete with the Vail Valley Lacrosse Club. I’m a representative of the sport of Lacrosse and my local community. Because of this, I will always choose to treat everyone with kindness, courtesy and exhibit the values of good sportsmanship at all times in all situations. I will always support my teammates and treat all opposing players with respect at all times, regardless of whether they reciprocate. By exhibiting this behavior, I will honor my team, my club, my community and myself.”